Williams Equipment and Supply Company’s roots trace back to New Orleans after World War II. H.S. Fink had founded a construction supply business, and in 1950, the veteran and recent Texas A & M graduate James Williams went to work for him selling to contractors. In 1952 Finke offered Williams a chance to be a partner with him in a new location. Williams moved to Memphis, Tennessee and started Finke and Williams, Inc.
In 1961 James Williams bought Finke’s stock in the Memphis operation, and the name was changed to Williams Equipment and Supply Company. Over the next several years, Williams Equipment introduced contractors to a number of new innovations and labor-saving equipment. These included diamond blades, “shooting boom” type forklifts, and concrete slipform pavers.
After the death of James Williams in 2006, Gordon McIntyre was elected President & CEO. Today, Williams Equipment”“still a family owned business”“is the leader in providing customer service and innovative solutions. We proudly represent many manufactures such as Bobcat, Bandit, Takeuchi and Wacker Neuson plus a host of other contractor supplies you can find on this website, several of whom were in the Finke and Williams catalog 60 years ago! Many thanks to both our suppliers and our customers who have made our success possible!
In May, 2018 both Williams Equipment and Supply Co. and Williams Equipment and Supply of Louisiana were purchased by Construction Supply Group (CSG) which is based in Denver, CO. CSG is a division of Sterling Group from Houston, TX.